Our multi-venue site at Victoria Gardens – now reconfigured to include two, purpose-built, Covid-safe outdoor theatres and four immersive bars - opens its gates on May 27th as part of this year’s eagerly-anticipated Brighton Fringe.
A sense of innovation drives this year’s edition of The Warren. With audience and performer safety at the top of our agenda, we have mothballed our existing indoor venues and instead built two new spaces that offer the thrill of live entertainment within a Covid-secure environment.
The McElderry is an open-air amphitheater built out of shipping containers inspired by Shakespeare's Globe. The smaller venue, The Oil Shed, is constructed from chequered, repurposed oil drums allowing free-flowing ventilation around the theatre. Audiences will be seated with their own group at a safe distance from others.
The Warren will also contain four immersive bars: Thatcher’s Orchard, The Offshore Cove, The Club Bar and Festival Bar, serving socially distanced table-service drinks - open to both ticket holders and the public. Ticket holders will be offered pre and post-show table reservations whilst those without tickets will be welcome to visit on a walk-up basis. Table reservations will be available for ticket buyers next week, those who have already purchased tickets will be contacted once reservations are live.
The site itself will be managed by a one-way system with a limited capacity and social distancing markers, plus there will sanitizer readily available for all attendees. All visitors will be asked to Track & Trace when entering each of the bars and venues and all staff members will be tested at least twice a week as per government guidelines.
Keep an eye out in the coming days as we release our brand new Otherplace app, an all-in-one platform for The Warren, The Warren on the Beach, The Electric Arcade, and Brighton Comedy Fringe. The fastest way to order drinks and catch up with what's on, the app will also gain you access to exclusive offers and secret gigs.
We are asking everyone to please follow these simple rules for everybody's safety:
- Do not come to The Warren if you have any COVID symptoms (including, but not limited to, a new continuous cough, high temperature, loss of sense of smell/taste). If you think you have symptoms, please contact NHS 111.
- Please wear a face mask / face covering at all times when queuing, entering and exiting the venue, and when not sat at your table (especially when visiting the toilets) – this is to protect yourself and others.
- Please try to be mindful of others and try to keep a distance between yourself and people outside your group. Although a distance of at least 1.5m between you and other groups of customers may not always be possible, please do try to keep as much space as possible at all times.
- Please follow the instructions of staff and any signage around the venue; these are always to help you (and others around you) stay safe.
- Please remember to disinfect your hands regularly – hand sanitiser will be available all around the venue.
- It goes without saying that you must follow all government restrictions that are in place at all times whilst visiting The Warren.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Warren after such a long time apart. Don't forget to check out our full lineup here.